About Me

My photo

Just a positive free thinking guy living the life in the beautiful pacific northwest.


Monday, June 20, 2011

 I finished the first iteration of my barndoor on Sunday night.

I ended up replacing the hinge because there was way too much play in my original hinge.
I am also going to replace my existing home-made ball mount.  It does not have nearly enough range to be really useful, but it should be functional enough for a few tests tonight.



Here are the final couple of shots of the assembly and the final product.




With any luck first light will be tonight.

On a slightly related note, my FOV templates that I made got cut at ponoko today and should be arriving soon.  As soon as they get here I will do a writeup with some details and pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment